Drinking the Summer Away
or, how to survive on supplements when there's nothing to eat at Food City
My husband has a very difficult time eating "real" food until he's been up 6 - 8 hours - as you can imagine, this wrecks havoc with his nutritional intakes unless we supplement. We've tried many ideas: Met RX, Bolthouse Farms drinks, etc.
Recent we found this stuff - IDS SPORTS NEW WHEY PROTEIN and it is amazing - 42 grams of whey protein, comes in a tube (like a shooter) and doesn't require refrigeration.
Now - the site is full of muscled men and women, but I assure YOU WILL NOT LOOK LIKE THAT (!!) if you use this stuff.
Unless you want to look like that, and then, well, good luck!
You can throw this in your purse, and then when you forget to eat (which - I don't even have 5 boys like some of my friends and I forget to eat all the time) you can pull one of these babies out, pop the cap, toss it back, and be on your way. They come in grape (yum) orange (yum) fruit punch (ok) and blue (not so great).
Yes, a bit expensive - but - for people who have a hard time eating solid food - I think well worth it.
Great for summer (for me) because I hate to eat, but love to drink.
And... if I start my day the New Whey....
I don't feel so badly about my date(s) with Sam (Adams) later in the evening!
